DRET TV has undergone a big upgrade over the Summer - moving from Office 365 Video to Microsoft Stream. Without getting technical, all this means is that DRET TV looks somewhat different than before and has a few new additions. However, the concept is still the same - search, view and share educational, teacher-approved videos securely across the Trust.
So, let’s get down to the important stuff - what’s the same, what’s changed and what’s new?
What’s the same?
- You can still access DRET TV from the web address “dret.tv” and our training channel from “training.dret.tv”
- You use the same login details as before - everyone that had access before will have access now
- You can still search for videos and browse through channels - the majority of the content will be moved over except in some cases where there is little or no usage
- You can still copy and paste a videos web link to easily share it with others
- It has a new look and feel
- Channel Owners now have more responsibility than they had before - they are able to create new channels themselves. We are calling the new title “DRET TV Manager”. Details have been emailed out to previous Channel Owners.
Click here to watch a short video that will take you through the basics of the new DRET TV.
- Watchlists - you can now add videos into your own private space - so you can watch them at a later date or just queue them up for a DRET TV video marathon.
- Following Channels - a feature that provides you with easy access to channels you are interested in. It’s useful if you are frequently accessing DRET TV and browsing for same channels, which you can get easy access to via a space called ‘My followed channels’.
- Hashtags - you can add/click a hashtag in the description of a video to see other videos with the same or similar tag.
- Interactive table of contents - you can now add time codes in the description of a video which when published will turn into a link, to allow the user to click and jump straight to that part of the video.
- Links - if you add a link in the description of the video it will make it clickable to the user in order to jump straight to the link.
- Liking videos - you can now like videos to to make an acknowledgement to the owner that you enjoyed the video.
If you’re interested in seeing some of the new features in action - click here to watch a short video.
If you are interested in becoming a DRET TV Manager - please click here to submit a request.
For any further support, queries or to book school training - please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the eLearning Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.